Hi Derek:

Maybe the JDBC jar came with your version of MySQL? I downloaded mine
from http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/Contrib/mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz. I
then had to edit tomcat.bat/sh so it could find the jar file. I
initially developed my app on Win98 and then ported it to Linux, but I
didn't have your problem.

You're right about the supplied esql examples. All you have to do is
change the parameters to those of your MySQL database and create the
test table there. Or you can change the esql example to point to an
existing table in your database.

You might also try what Marty suggested first in the last post on this
thread. SOP is to delete tomcat's work diretory for the cocoon webapp
($TOMCAT_HOME/work/localhost/cocoon) when you fix an error and want to
restart Tomcat and test again.

Lajos