Peter Hargreaves wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> My solution uses browser frames. It seems to be OK with Netscape
> Explorer 4.0 but I have a cache problem with MS IE 5.0. I'm not sure
> if it is an MS bug or something to do with Cocoon. Any advice would be
> very welcome.
>
> One of my frames contains a directory listing. When it loads the body
> onload property runs some javascript to set the location of my content
> frame to the last item in the directory.

> By viewing IE Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files, I can
> confirm that the onload command loads the cache copy of the file
> instead of a new copy from the server. This is despite the fact that
> the cached file is listed as Expires=None, and Last Modified=None.
> Following the failed attempt the Last Accessed time is later that the
> Last Checked time. Surely this should be impossible!? Does this prove
> that it is an MS IE problem or could it be the way I am using Cocoon?

MS IE definately has problems with caching ;-). Try setting the response
headers in your cocoon page

    response.setHeader("Expires", "Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT"); //
this "hack" usually works ;-)
    response.setHeader("pragma", "no-cache");

and the following meta tags in your document:

this should definately solve your problem (on all browsers).

Alfredas