Hi Folks,

Confirmation from an HTMLSerializer expert required please.

Further to this problem - I've now tried configuring the HTMLSerializer.

The sitemap documentation in combination with the actual sitemap suggests that
the following contains all options for configuring the HTMLSerializer - but it
doesn't seem to be effective:

   <component-instance name="html"
class="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer" mime-type="text/html"
logger="sitemap.serializer.html" pool-max="32" pool-min="4" pool-grow="4">
    <buffer-size>1024</buffer-size>
    <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
    <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd</doctype-system>
    <omit-xml-declaration>true</omit-xml-declaration>
    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    <indent>1</indent>
   </component-instance>

I find that the doctype-public and doctype-system don't appear in my HTML and
the encoding parameter is not effective if I change it. I did delete my
tomcat/work directory between attempts - which might be necessary.

Could someone please confirm the correct syntax for HTMLSerializer and what is
buffer-size, and indent please?

Many thanks,
Peter.

My system is: Gateway G6-350 (392,612k RAM), NT4.0sp6, jdk-1.3.1, tomcat-4.0.1,
cocoon 2.0.2-dev, NS Nav 4.7, NS 6.1, IE 5.0