On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Alexander Smirnoff wrote:

> OK. I've got it.
>
> Well, is it possible to trigger the view from inside sitemap? What about
> Passing parameters?
>
> I think the idea of breaking pipeline and continuing it from another
> "resource"-like pipeline ("view") from labeled predefined point is very
> powerful. Imagine having the same long chain of transformations through
> group or even all of pipelines in the sitemap! From my point of view it
> makes sitemap more unreadable. From the other side, if you have some
> "resource"-like view which could be processed from any pipeline and being
> "returned" to the point of entry will make readability of sitemap more
> easy...
>
> Something like that:
> <!-- declaration -->
> <map:chain name="look-feel">
>     <!-- action "get-user-skin" :-) defines path to the source of the
> "skin" -->
>     <map:act type="get-user-skin">
>         <map:transform src="{srcpath}/{src}"/>
>     </map:act>
>     <map:transform src="default/{src}"/>
> </map:chain>
>
> <!-- from pipline -->
> <map:match pattern="...">
>     <map:generate src="welcome.xml"/>
>     <map:call-chain name="look-feel">
>         <map:parameter name="src" value="welcome.xsl"/>
>     </map:call-chain>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> This is just a random thought. Sorry for being naive if this is the
> case...Probably there are some workaround which I don't know, - I'll be glad
> to comprehend.

I can't see what your approach is good for. Views aren't made for
skinning. They are for producing view in the sense of schema, meta data,
links etc. but not for green or red. If you like to use it that way, yes,
your sitemap might look ugly then.

Your proposed enhancement is only giving another programmers view
into the sitemap which isn't what we initially wanted and is what
we like to get fixed in the future.

Giacomo