I guess another way to look at it is:  what is cocoon well suited for, and what is it
less well suited for?

 From that perspective, you might want to use cocoon if:

* you need to serve the same content, but on different devices.  Cocoon is good at
dynamically generating the presentation you need.

* your content is already very heavily xml

* you believe very strongly in the cocoon philosophy of separation of content, logic,
and presentation (or want to move away from JSP because of its lack of that separation)

You might not want to use cocoon if:

* Your pages are developed by page designers using a templating system

* You prefer a non-XML solution like JSP or Struts

etc.

HTH.

DR