Don't know if you're still having problems with this or not.

I'm using MySql, C2, and Tomcat 4.0

Not much to it:

* Start the MySql daemon

* Start Tomcat

* Put this into my XSP page:

             <esql:connection>
                 <esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>
                 <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/_your_app_</esql:dburl>
                 <esql:execute-query>
                     <esql:query>_your_sql_query_</esql:query>
                     <esql:results>
                         <esql:row-results>
                         </esql:row-results>
                     </esql:results>
                     <esql:no-results>
                         <section>Record not found</section>
                     </esql:no-results>
                     <esql:error-results>
                         <section>Database error: <esql:get-message/>
                         </section>
                     </esql:error-results>
                 </esql:execute-query>
             </esql:connection>