Marcin,

you may try setting the enconding of the HTML serializer in your sitemp to
the one that fits you (in the example below I used, quite understandably, an
Italian enconding):

<map:serializer name="html"   mime-type="text/html"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
        <encoding>iso-8859-1</encoding>
</map:serializer>

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini