>1. Can you use the new url protocol from all stylesheets, i.e. Transformers
>and logicsheets?

no this only apply for the default xslt transformer :-(, you will have to
hack each and every one if you need javax.xml.Source support, but if you
only requires org.xml.sax.InputSource support you should get it to work in
all transformers by creating the Source Handler.. (i hope)

>2. When you want to cache your data (in particular in the session object)
>how do you achieve this? I can see that in
>org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source you may have access to the request
>environment (via the factory), but with
>org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl you don't have access
>any such thing (although I suppose you could create your own static storage
>somehow and check for sessions being invalidated to clear out data.)
>
>I will let you know how I get on anyway.

the XSLTProcessorImpl is Composable so will have access to the
ComponentManager object at compose(), this will allow you to perform a
lookup on all cocoon roles, also the servletsession like (ps: the session
will perhaps not be valid at accesstime, try it out...):

req =
(HttpServletRequest)manager.lookup(HttpEnvironment.HTTP_SERVLET_CONTEXT);
ses = req.getSession();

if you take a look at the XSLTProcessorImpl.java

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/org/apache/cocoon/componen
ts/xslt/XSLTProcessorImpl.java?rev=1.13&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
 ) you will find it has it's own store implementation, but here is a problem
because the transformers are not cacheable (i think) like the generators.
you will have to produce your own caching system, but that one chould
preferably be at the other side of the protocol... (ie transparent for
cocoon)

mvh karl řie