----- Original Message -----
From: "terracare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Inserting / Comining XML data

> > I'm happy to know that someone is trying to avoid XSP.
> >
> > I dislike it for being too static, I'd rather prefer doing everything
via
> > XSLT... as I'm currently struggling to do.
>
> This was my original approach with Cocoon1 -- trying to use XSLT for
> everything -- but I read a number of posts that claimed better performance
> with XSP so I minimized my use of XSLT for all but presentation purposes.
> Now that Cocoon2 has a SAX-driven pipeline, and if we write efficient
XSLT,
> is it correct to assume, generally, that the performance issue with XSLT
is
> less of an issue now?

It's faster than before, but to get max efficiency you must use the best
tool for
the job.
XSPs are good at content generation, all the rest should be done via
other components.
Sometimes you can easilly generate stuff without having all in memory
and using SAX to its fullest, and making XSLT do some of these things
makes it impossible to have these benefits.

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                               ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Paul Simon