hi,

i think it works, wour class has to implement the avalon interface,
which contains the setup method (see below). if you implement it, the
method will be called each time your Serialzer is used. In the setup method
you can retrieve the request object the so called ComponentManage.
objectModel in my source.
Of cousre there is lot missing in the snipet below.

HTH

Max

Code snipet:

  public void setup( SourceResolver resolver,Map objectModel,String source,
Parameters paras )
    throws ProcessingException,SAXException,IOException {

    request  = (Request)(objectModel.get( Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT ) );
    response = (Response)(objectModel.get( Constants.RESPONSE_OBJECT ) );
  }