On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Max Larsson wrote:

> hi,
>
> i think it works, wour class has to implement the avalon interface,
> which contains the setup method (see below). if you implement it, the
> method will be called each time your Serialzer is used. In the setup method
> you can retrieve the request object the so called ComponentManage.
> objectModel in my source.
> Of cousre there is lot missing in the snipet below.
>
> HTH
>
> Max
>

> Code snipet:
>
>   public void setup( SourceResolver resolver,Map objectModel,String source,
> Parameters paras )
>     throws ProcessingException,SAXException,IOException {
>
>     request  = (Request)(objectModel.get( Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT ) );
>     response = (Response)(objectModel.get( Constants.RESPONSE_OBJECT ) );
>   }

Which avalon interface do you mean?
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component? I think the setup method
owns the org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapModelComponent.

In my example of a serializer the setup method doesn't work.

public abstract class DOMSerializer extends AbstractSerializer
  implements Cacheable, Composable, Configurable, SitemapModelComponent
{

  public void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src,
                    Parameters par)
  {
    System.out.println("DOMSerializer.java: setup");
  }
[...]