Chris,

I was very happy to read your mail, as I'm suffering with Cocoon and Jetty
without any success for some time now. My situation is only a little bit
different, I'm playing with JBoss3, which is tightly integrated with Jetty.
I've did everything what came to my mind (about replacing the xml parsers,
and playing with jboss' classpath), but couldn't get the thing working.

After getting your mail, I tried it your way; so I dropped cocoon into
deploy, placed the jars, added the classpath, but got similar results as
before. Trying to browse /cocoon it forwards to /welcome, which does not
exists, and eg. trying to reach /cocoon/documentation/, I get a plain file
listing; so the sitemap does not get executed.

Can you check your method on the JBoss 3.0 alpha tarball, or any cvs
snapshots please? It's a critical point for me whether Cocoon can work using
JBoss3 or not.

Best regards,
Christopher

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 12:47:23PM +0800, Chris Hamilton wrote:
> Hi, I just wanted to report success in building the latest Jboss-Jetty
> and Cocoon 2.
>
> I am new to using Java, but I wanted to share this as it appears to be
> quite different
> from older mail-list configurations.
>
> JBoss-2.4.3_Jetty-3.1.3-1, Cocoon-2.0
> Rock Linux 1.5.12-DEV,  Sun 1.3.1 SDK
>
> It is actually quite simple:
>
> Step 1:
>
> Install cocoon as a war in either jboss/deploy or jetty/webapps.
>
> Or
>
> Place the cocoon-x.x/webapp directory in jetty/webapps as cocoon and add
>
>  <Call name="addWebApplication">
>    <Arg>/cocoon/*</Arg>
>    <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
> default="."/>/webapps/cocoon</Arg>
>    <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
> default="."/>/etc/webdefault.xml</Arg>
>  </Call>
> Inside Configure tags of jboss/conf/jetty/jetty.xml .
>
> Step 2:
>
> Then copy from cocoon-x.x/lib to jboss/lib the following jars:
> xerces-1.4.4.jar
> xalan-2.2.0-D13.jar
> xml-apis.jar
> jstyle.jar
>
> Step 3:
> Add them to the jboss/bin/run.sh classpath before crimson.jar:
>
> JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xerces-1.4.4.jar
> JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xalan-2.2.0-D13.jar
> JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xml-apis.jar
> JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/jstyle.jar
>
> Step 4:
> Run and test it. (Warning cocoon's welcome page from /cocoon appears to
> go to
> /welcome instead of /cocoon/welcome so just use that URI instead.)
>
> There is no need to delete any libraries from jboss or jetty with this
> version. I think
> all cocoon demonstrations worked with this.
>
> I hope this will be useful.
>
> -Chris Hamilton

.Digital.Yearning.for.Networked.Assassination.and.Xenocide