> From: Michael Homeijer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Hi,
>
> For a prototype I have the need to store form data in a Xindice
(db:xml)
> database. I was thinking of writing an action that generates xml data
based
> on the request, calls a transformer and then stores the xml data in
> Xindice).
>
> Right now I am trying to find code that will be helpfull with this
> (copy/past reuse). This got me thinking, how hard would it be to use a
> normal pipeline to generate my data and instead of a serializer write
some
> kind of component that stores my data at the right destination in the
xml
> database:
>
> <map:act type="incomingpipeline">
>       <map:generate type="request">
>       <map:transform src="form2myxmlformat.xsl">
>       <map:store destination=".....">
> </map:act>

This won't work so easily in current Cocoon. You want to generate
response on this too, so you need response pipeline too, and how to do
it is not decided yet.

> Maybe somebody can give me some comment on the approach or give me
some
> hints.

Here is hint: Try transformer, it can satisfy your requirements. Example
pipeline:

<map:generate type="request">
<map:transform src="form2myxmlformat.xsl">
<map:transform src="myxmlformat2xmldb-commands.xsl">
<map:transform type="xmldb">
<map:transform src="xmldb-response2html.xsl">
<map:serialize/>

PS: XMLDBTransformer is in the scratchpad.

Vadim