Am Montag, 4. Februar 2002 17:34 schrieben Sie:
> > From: Baer Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> <snip/>
>
> > One problem here, is apparently that Cocoon can't be started ouf of
> > the box without running into problems, as, eg, the example
>
> applications
>
> > use SVG etc.
>
> Please separate Cocoon and sample webapp shipped with Cocoon. Sample
> webapp should be tried in the development environment, where (if your
> dev. env. is Linux) X is supposed to be started, so no problem will be
> encountered with the samples.
As we read: It only works if u are have started the xsession as root. I am
developing on an Linux environment with started xsession and it doesnt work...

> And when you deploy your own applications
> build on Cocoon, you should think of deployment dependencies: Batik is
> dependent on the AWT, and you have several options to run AWT:
>  - X server,
>  - Xvfb,
>  - PJA.
> AFAIU, it is not expected to deploy sample application in the production
> environment. Don't you think?
At the moment we are building an development environment. Because i used c1 i
thought it would help to see this samples...

> > Wouldn't it be a good idea to separate the stuff depending
> > on X / AWT from the rest, so that one could, at least, get Cocoon up
>
> and
>
> > running, and add the rest later?
>
> BTW, this is already on the todo list. Check out todo.xml or todo.html
>
> > Think that would help newbies and upgraders from C1!
>
> Agreed,
> <rant>but I still don't get why people are installing sample webapp on
> the production servers.</rant>
I agree, too...but this wount be the production servers

cu,
Christian

Schröter, Christian
Siemens Business Services GmbH & Co. OHG
SBS D BS ECS 3
Tel.: +49 911 654 2355
Fax: +49 911 654 2108
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]