Thanks for the reply. It works. We can get the parameter out of the
session now.

However, what we actually need is a single value which we can pass as a
parameter to the following generator or transformer.

<map:generate src="application.xml">
        <map:parameter name="user_id" value="{session/user/name}"/>
</map:generate>

Thus we could generate user-specific menus at runtime. Eg, the options
in drop-down menu could depend on the region the user belongs to.

Merging the session XML and the application XML is not appropriate for
us, as we don't want to have them transformed before the XSP statements
in the resulting XML are evaluated.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

        -pb-

--
|              >>>  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  <<<             |