Hi folks,

The project I'm currently working on requires Cocoon to run on a 2-years
old Netscape Enterprise server 4.1, which has the servlet 2.2 classes
but doesn't implement them correctly : no context directory, no
classloader for WEB-INF, funky resolution of context resources, etc.

So I wrote a BootstrapServlet that sets up a servlet-2.2 compliant
ServletContext and ClassLoader and uses this environment to create the
CocoonServlet to which it delegates request handling. And now Cocoon
runs smoothly !

I guess this could also be used for other "legacy" engines still living
out there. Are people interested in this ? If yes, I can add it to the
scratchpad in CVS. Or we could even include it in the soon-to-come 2.0.2
(Carsten ?).

<shameless-plug>
For the same project, I also wrote the BlobSource (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg12945.html) for
which I had no feedback up to now. Nobody interested in this ?
</shameless-plug>

Cheers,
Sylvain

--