Hello,
        I am using cocoon 2.0,2 Tomcat 4.0.1 JDK 1.3.1

My match entry for my XSP reads like this ..
       <map:match pattern="xsp/compare">
                <map:act set="accordia">
                        <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="docs/samples/xsp/compare.xsp"/>
                        <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
                        <map:transform type="i18n"/>
                        <map:parameter name="component-xml"
value="C:\Projects\cocoon\Development\old-xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\webap
p\docs\samples\jsp\items\components.xml"/>
                        <map:parameter name="application-home-dir"
value="C:\Projects\cocoon\Development\old-xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\webap
p\docs\samples\jsp\items"/>
                        <map:parameter name="items-xsl"
value="docs/samples/jsp/xsl/items.xsl"/>
                        <map:parameter name="graph-xsl"
value="docs/samples/jsp/xsl/graphrating.xsl"/>
                </map:act>
                <map:transform
src="docs/samples/jsp/xsl/accordia1.xsl"/>
                <map:serialize type="html"/>
                </map:match>

The actions performs the logic and sticks an XML in the request
attribute.
I need to extract the XML data from request and append it in the XSP o/p

//itemsXML is a java String object which contains an XML string (valid)

The XSP code snippet is
------------------------
        <area>
                <subarea>
                                <xsp:expr>
                                        itemsXML
                                  </xsp:expr>
                </subarea>
        </area>
-------------------------
If I do as above the contents of itemsXML is treated as String only and
not as XML and hence will not undergo transformation

I then included the util logic sheet using the xml namespace declaration
as follows
<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
          xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0";
          xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0";>

Modified the XSP code to include the following
------------------------
        <area>
                <subarea>
                   <util:include-expr>
                <util:expr>
                                <xsp:expr>
                                        itemsXML
                                  </xsp:expr>
                         </util:expr>
                   </util:include-expr>
                </subarea>
        </area>
        I got a syntax error in XSP compilation
Note:// I got this from an earlier posting in the users mail list

I then  removed the <util:include-expr> tag , the XSP compiles but still
treats ItemXML as a String

Please advice what to do,
I hope I am being clear

To Summarize,
        How do I stick an XML fragment (stored in a variable) into the
XSP o/p without it getting treated as a String..