John

I do not think you are the only one with this 'problem' - would
you be able (in your spare time!?) to post a quick (or detailed?)
walk-through of the steps you took to solve it.  I understand
the general approach - it would just be very useful to have a
working example to demonstrate all the steps involved.

Thanks
Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 28/03/2002 09:42:11 >>>

> The XSP code snippet is
> ------------------------
>       <area>
>               <subarea>
>                               <xsp:expr>
>                                       itemsXML
>                                 </xsp:expr>
>               </subarea>
>       </area>
> -------------------------
> If I do as above the contents of itemsXML is treated as String only
> and not as XML and hence will not undergo transformation

I was trying to solve a similar problem last week. I have an XML doc
that I stuff into the session context at one point and I needed to pull

it out and feed it to a simple XSLT transformation pipeline.

The documentation and the mail archive seemed to suggest that I was
attempting some sort of pagan rite that had been banned to preserve
theological purity. I had to fall back on an ancient technology:
JavaServer Pages. The first version of this code was written as a
servlet and I needed to get the servlet functionality to work quickly.

The example JSP's in C2 work quite well and I wrote a JSP that did
exactly what I needed. [Nice to know that a JSP becomes a servlet.]