From: "Stijn Van Vreckem" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: fo2pdf serializer

> I had a similar problem, my stylesheet was running from command line and
> produced the pdf.
> Within cocoon it gave some errors and produced no output.
>
> I changed the fop jar from cocoon (version 0.20.3rc with the latest
> version 0.20.3 ) and everything was running again !
>

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, cyril vidal wrote:
>
> > Good evening,
> >
> > I've got problems with transforming an xml document (CinemaFO.xml) into
a pdf one (CinemaFO.pdf) via an xslt transformation (CinemaFO.xsl).
> > I'm sure CinemaFO.xml and Cinema.xsl are valid because I've tested them
by command line with fop 0.20.3

> > To test my samples with Cocoon2, I've created a new clean environment,
also a new directory under $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ , e.g. essai.
> > Under essai, I've created  the following repertory structure:  /static
(including the file CinemaFO.xml and index.html) and transforms(including
the file CinemaFO.xsl), and I've also copied over both
$COCOON_HOME/cocoon.xconf and the $COCOON_HOME/WEB-INF directory.

> > The structure of my sitemap.xmap file (in directory essai) is following:
> >
> > <map:pipelines>
> >   <map:pipeline>
> >      <map:match pattern="index.html">
> >         <map:read src="static/index.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
> >      </map:match>
> >   </map:pipeline>
> >
> >   <map:pipeline>
> >     <map:match pattern="CinemaFO.xml">
> >       <map:generate src="static/CinemaFO.xml"/>
> >       <map:transform src="transforms/CinemaFO.xsl"/>
> >        <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
> >     </map:match>
> >   </map:pipeline>
> >
> > Theres is no problem with serving static document index.html.
> > But when I try to perform the xslfo transformation by requesting the
URL:http://localhost:8080/essai/CinemaFO.xml, I've got any message error (It
means the server finds the files) but the browser (IE6) stays completely
white. With Netscape 6, the browser opens Acrobat reader, but there's a
message error, that indicates that an error occured at the opening of the
pdf document.