Brent,

if you want to process the nodeset enclosed in the <bis> element, you could
just try this:

<xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:element name="page">
                <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="bis">
        <xsl:element name="biselement">
                <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
        </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

But this is plain XSLT matching, nothing to do with XPATH.

BTW, I've noticed your HTML is NOT XML-compliant, which will cause problems
to XSLT: mind !

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant