On 4 Apr 2002 at 19:36, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Test it, and continue from this to next step:
>
> <map:match pattern="yahoo">
>  <map:generate type="html" src="http://www.yahoo.com";>
>   <map:parameter name="xpath" value="/html"/>
>  </map:generate>
>  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> Test it, see the result, go further. Say, use xpath
> value="/html/body/table".

Ah. Should have thought of changing the serializer to "xml"... this
showed me where there were problems in the source document, even
after being tidied. Which in turn allowed me to fine-tune the xpath
statement. I have it working now, somewhat anyway. (I suspect the
page may simply be too complex to pull out *exactly* what I want, but
I'm getting closer at least.)

Thanks.

Brent Eades, Almonte, Ontario
     http://www.almonte.com