Thanks, Vadim. I'll check it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 4:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Mark Kent
Subject: RE: using C2 to read sessions from JBoss/Tomcat

> From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Vadim,
>
> Using the JBoss-2.4.4_Tomcat-4.0.1 package starts Tomcat "within" the
JBoss
> instance (I think).  The "jboss/deploy" folder has:
>
> + cocoon.war (folder)
>   -- (contains same contents as standard tomcat/webapps/cocoon folder)
> + lib (folder)
>   -- jbosspool-jdbc.jar
>   -- jms-ra.jar
> + web.war (folder)
>   -- (contains all my JSP and webfiles [images/css/etc] )
> cl.jar (file -- a jar with my ejbs)
> deploy.txt (text file)
>
> So, I would think that these two (cocoon.war and cl.jar) are deployed
> "separately" within the JBoss context so that they would not "see"
each
> other's session variables.  Does that sound right to you?

Almost. You wrote that cl.jar contains EJBs. How do you access servlet
container session object from an EJB? AFAIR, this is not possible.

I would assume that you mean session created in your web.war file.

> If so, is there a way to start the cl.jar "within" the web.war
"webapp" (or
> vice versa) so that they can share session variables?

You just need to merge both of your web applications into one web
application (read: one session manager, see also
jakarta-tomcat\webapps\tomcat-docs\config\manager.html), which includes
merging of classes, libs, web.xml, and all other resources in one web
application file (or directory: you always can work with directory
instead of huge file, which gives you much faster development
turn-around).

Hope I'm clear.

Vadim

> I'm trying to get a similar question answered as well on the JBoss
forum,
> and can take this discussion there if need be.  Thanks for your help!
>
> Mark

I'm