Hi, I have searched through the archives over the past hour and haven't
found anything for this problem.

What I want to do is execute a esql query that returns the results from a
table but only selects the first row. eg..
normal esql namespace excluded...

<query>select * from action where due &lt; current_timestamp</query>
<results>
 <row-results>
  <action><get-string column="action"/></action>
 </row-results>
</results>
what i want to be able to do is return only one action and ideally the first
one it comes across. Once it does i can then set about processing the action
and then delete from the database.

any ideas?

thanks for any time put in

Sharat Koya