esql supports this from scratch:

  <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:use-limit-clause>mysql</esql:use-limit-clause>
     <esql:skip-rows>0</esql:skip-rows>
     <esql:max-rows>0</esql:max-rows>

if your database has no support for such (seem to be all others than mysql
and postgres) you can even use the jdbc way:

     <esql:use-limit-clause>jdbc</esql:use-limit-clause>
     <esql:skip-rows>0</esql:skip-rows>
     <esql:max-rows>0</esql:max-rows>

Cheer
--