I removed the pooling and it works fine?  Anyone else had pooling problems
under Jrun 3.1?

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Warr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2002 12:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Installing cocoon2 with Jrun 3.1

OK, got another one for you.  Cocoon is up and running now under Jrun 3.1,
now I'm trying to run my app which works under Tomcat ok.  I get the error
below which from the looks of it has to do with connection pooling, the
datasource definition is below from cocoon.xconf, and I'm using mssql server
jdbc driver beta 2.

    <jdbc name="eipp9010">

<dburl>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://prime:1433;DatabaseName=eippdev</dburl>
        <pool-controller min="5" max="20"/>
        <user>javaman</user>
        <password>password</password>
    </jdbc>

A chocolate frog to anyone with a clue on this one.

Chris.

500 Internal Server Error
/cocoon/inv9010.pdf:

try to access method
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.AbstractJdbcConnection.setPool(Lorg/a
pache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Pool;)V from class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access method
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.AbstractJdbcConnection.setPool(Lorg/a
pache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Pool;)V from class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool.ne
wPoolable(ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool.java:84)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.get(ResourceLimitingPo
ol.java:314)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ValidatedResourceLimitingPool.get(Validated
ResourceLimitingPool.java:91)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource.getCon
nection(ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource.java:131)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.eipp.PDFGeneration.invoice_xml.generate(D:\JRun\server
s\default\tmp\cocoon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www/eipp/PDFGeneration\i
nvoice_xml.java:330)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenera
tor.java:260)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:251)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:390)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchN1062B(D:\JRun\servers\default\tmp\c
ocoon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:7343)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(D:\JRun\servers\default\tmp\cocoo
n\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:3419)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(D:\JRun\servers\default\tmp\cocoo
n\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:3049)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:222)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:998)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1416)
        at
allaire.jrun.session.JRunSessionService.service(../session/JRunSessionServic
e.java:1082)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1270)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
patcher.java:89)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1552)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1542)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(../servlet/JvmContext.java:364)
        at
allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(../jrpp/ProxyEndpoint.java:388)
        at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
        at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)