Folks,

I've found out why those nasty jar_cachexxxxx.tmp files clutter my hard
disk....
it is Tomcat that doesn't shut down gracefully when I shut down Windows
2000.

BTW, I've set up Tomcat to run as a service and I've dutifully connected it
to IIS (and it works).

I've already searched through Tomcat mailing list, but this problem has not,
apparently, arisen.

Could one of you try to shut down his/her Windows server (without shutting
down the Tomcat service first, of course) and check whether those files are
not deleted ?

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant