Hello, I suppose this is the kind of email that possibly reflects a deep
misunderstanding of the basic principles on which Cocoon relies. If that is
the case, just warn me. ;)

The simple question is:

Using Cocoon (possibly through the sitemap), how do I process a XML file
that combines two different DTDs with two *separate* XSLT transforms?  Or
even using a single combined DTD, in which but a part of it goes to one XSLT
file and part is processed by another XSLT file.

---

The complete question (with examples) is:

Suppose I have a very simple site DTD:

<site>
  <people>
    <person>

      [whatever]

    </person>
  </people>
</site>

And suppose I have a XSLT that transforms into a complete HTML page, like:

<ul>
<li>[whatever]</li>
</ul>

OK.  Now suppose that I have another DTD that defines a specific class of
person, a teacher, that I want to mantain separately:

<teacher>
  <name>John S.</name>
  <class>Biology</class>
</teacher>

And I have a standard XSLT that transforms this into a HTML fragment, like:

Now I have a XML file like this, combining both DTDs:

<page>
  <people>
    <person>

        <!-- this using is the teacher DTD -->
      <teacher>
        <name>John S.</name>
        <class>Biology</class>
      </teacher>
        <!-- this using is the teacher DTD -->

    </person>
  </people>
</page>

Naturally, I want to generate a complete HTML of the above output using both
transformations.

I also want to keep both XSLT files separate and independent, since I may
want to reuse the XSLT and DTD for the teacher on other parts of my site and
supporting systems.

I really want to do this at the sitemap level on Cocoon.  Is there any way
to do this?  Maybe dinamically merging both XSLT files?