From: Markus Locher, IE-Services [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 5:30 AM
To: Cocoon Mailinglist
Subject: Canīt get an request from an action to org.apache.cocoon.

Hello Folks,

I added a self-developed action to org/apache/cocoon with a path from there
like ask/auth. Under auth I have created a servlet called Login.java. You
guessed!.. I am trying to create a login-action for internal use (I know
there is a sample, but that doesnīt fit our needs).

The Login-Servlet gives me a Map back (nothing new) and it sets an attribute
to a Request like ...

   Request.setAttribute("hello","world");

as in the docs from Cocoon!!! "Creating and Using Actions".

The value of the Map is read successfully in the sitemap.xmap, but the
request values can't be read out within an xsp-page.

What's wrong?
--------------------------------Login.java----------------
package org.apache.cocoon.ask.auth;

import org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters;
import org.apache.avalon.framework.thread.ThreadSafe;
import org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractAction;
import org.apache.cocoon.Constants;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.HashMap;
import org.apache.cocoon.environment.*;
import org.xml.sax.EntityResolver;

public class Login extends  AbstractAction
     implements  ThreadSafe {

  public Map act (Redirector   redirector,
                  SourceResolver resolver,
                  Map     objectModel,
                  String   source,
                  Parameters   params
   ) {

    Map  sitemapParams  = new HashMap();
      sitemapParams .put ("authArt", "login");

    Request  request = (Request) objectModel.get (Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);
      request .setAttribute ("hello", "world");

   return sitemapParams;
  }
}
--------------------------------login.xsp----------------
<para><xsp-request:get-parameter name="hello"/></para>
The rest of xsp-page is correct.
--------------------------------login.xsl----------------
... Rest OK.
--------------------------------sitemap.xmap----------------
<map:actions>
     <map:action name = "xifs-login"
        src  = "org.apache.cocoon.ask.auth.Login"/>
  </map:actions>
... within a pipeline!!!
<!-- SERVLETS -->
   <map:match pattern="auth/**">
      <!-- Performe login ... -->
      <map:act type="xifs-login">

 <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/login.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src="styles/login.xsl"/>
 <map:serialize/>

      </map:act>

      <!-- If all fails ...-->