Hi Bert,

the portal-auth action is document in the portal documentation of the
developer
section. It performs an extra protection of a pipeline, like the normal
"auth-protect" action:

In this example the coplet is protected by the use of the parameter
tag inside the "portal-auth" action. Only if the user is allowed to
view/configure the coplet with the ID "licencing", he can invoke this
resource.
If this security command is left out, everyone is able to get the resource
by
simply invoking it directly from the browser. However, if the coplet is
protected it is not necessary that a user has choosen that coplet for his
current portal view to invoke the resource. In addition it is possible to
specify the parameter without a specific coplet name. This protects the
resource as a coplet: Only users which are logged in to the portal can view
the
resource.
<<<

So if you have the following: