> From: Michael Cortez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> >> Don't think so. You have document() function somewhere,
> >> and for some reason, Cocoon failed to resolve the document:
>
> What I can't figure out is why the page renders at all!  When I start
up
> Cocoon, my first request to the page works.
>
> Then the next 1-3 requests return the null pointer exception, followed
by 1
> good request, then nulls again, then 1 good request, etc, etc, etc.
>
> I'm requesting the exact same URL, which maps to the exact same
matchers in
> the sitemap, and iterates over exactly the same data each time 8-(
Hence
> why I thought it may have something to do with caching.
>

> >> What cocoon version do you have?
>
> Latest Binary Distribution.
>
> >> Or, what is the version of the XSLTProcessorImpl class?
>
> Uh...  I didn't chance any source or configuration, other then
switching
> over to Saxon.  To switch over I replaced the Xalan jars with Saxon
6.5.1
> jars.
>
> =-=-=-
>
> After more extensive debugging, I'm seeing an error in the Cocoon
error log
> pointing at one of my XSL sheets -- but I'm not understanding the
error.
> I've included the error message, stack trace, and XSL sheet below.
>
> Essentially what the style sheet does, is strip off the "xsp:page"
node that
> gets stuck into a page generated from an XSP page.

What do you mean - xsp:page stuck? It should never ever happen after XSP
is correctly processed by the serverpages generator. May be you have
problem with the XSP?

Vadim

> Perhaps someone has a
> better idea of how this can be done.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> ==========================
> XSL sheet (strip_xsp.xsl)
>
> -----
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>         xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>         xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
>         >

>     <xsl:template match="xsp:page">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="./*"/>
>     </xsl:template>
>
>     <xsl:template match="@*|node()"
> priority="-2"><xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates
> select="@*|node()"/></xsl:copy></xsl:template>
>     <xsl:template match="text()" priority="-1"><xsl:value-of
> select="."/></xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
> -----
>

> ==========================
> Error message (placed in log even on successful rendering)
> -----
>
> ERROR   (2002-05-06) 08:18.29:817   [core.xslt-processor]
> (/cocoon/ogc/Item13.htm) HttpProcessor[8080][4]/TraxErrorHandler:
Error in
> TraxTransformer: file:/C:/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/ogc/strip_xsp.xsl;
Line 6;
> Column -1;
> ; SystemID: file:/C:/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/ogc/strip_xsp.xsl; Line#:
6;
> Column#: -1
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Attribute
xmlns: is
> not allowed on this element
>       at
> com.icl.saxon.style.StyleElement.compileError(StyleElement.java:849)
>       at

com.icl.saxon.style.StyleElement.checkUnknownAttribute(StyleElement.java
:208
> )
>       at

org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandle
r(XS