> From: Michael Cortez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> >> What do you mean - xsp:page stuck? It should never
> >> ever happen after XSP is correctly processed by the
> >> serverpages generator. May be you have problem with
> >> the XSP?
>
> Perhaps it's the way I'm using it...
>
> In my system, I'm building up a number of DocBook pages from XML
fragments
> pulled out from Xindice and generated via XSP.
>
> These fragments are built up via a number of small maps in the
sitemap.xmap
> file, and then aggregated up together to produce a final document.
>
> When I pull from Xindice, for example:
> <map:aggregate>
> <other-stuff>
> <map:part src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/TAP/{1}/#/article"/>

Do you know about strip-root attribute?

xmlns:collection="http://apache.org/cocoon/xmldb/1.0";
> query="/article" resources="2">
>
> <collection:result docid="FlarePebbles">
>
> <article xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query";
> xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query";
src:col="/db/TAP/Item13"
> src:key="FlarePebbles">
>       <title>Flare Pebbles</title>
>       <para>A bag of twenty pebbles.</para>
>     </article>
>
> </result>
>
> <collection:result docid="SleepArrow">
>
> <article xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query";
> xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query";
src:col="/db/TAP/Item13"
> src:key="SleepArrow">
>       <title>Sleep Arrow</title>
>       <para>One enchanted arrow.</para>
> </article>
>
> </result>
>
> </collection:results>
> ======
>
> In this case, I'm only interested in the article elements (and there
> children returned) not the <collection:results> or <collection:result>
> elements, nor am I interested in all the extra namespace, and src junk
added
> to the <article> tag.  I'm just interested in the fragments from
Xindice.

> For my XSPs, which right now are trivial (until I get this thing
working) --
> I have a similiar situation:
>
> =========
> <xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";>
>     <para>OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a</para>
>     <para>The following text is the property of...</para>
> </xsp:page>
> =========

This is not valid XSP page. It must have one and only one element inside
xsp:page element.

> Here I'm not interested in the <xsp:page> elements, only the fragments
> contained within -- but I must have the enclosing <xsp:page> to create
> root tag, and for the XSP engine to work (or so I think).

Have you ever executed this page? Do you have sitemap entry for it?

> In future
> versions of this file, there will actually be dynamic content being
> generated in there -- right now it's simplified until I get the whole
chain
> working.
>

> Both of the above XML sources are then aggregated together, with a
number of
> other sources to build up my file -- but the Xindice example chunk
contains
> extra elements that I don't want, and the XSP page returns WITH the
> <xsp:page> element still in it, which I don't want.
>
> So I was building up a style sheet that would remove those elements,
and
> promote their children in the resulting document.
>

> Hence was born, this style sheet to remove the <xsp:page> element from
the
> results:
> ============
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>         xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>         xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
>         >

>     <xsl:template match="xsp:page">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="./*"/>
>     </xsl:template>
>
>     <xsl:template match="@*|node()"
> priority="-2"><xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates
> select="@*|node()"/></xsl:copy></xsl:template>
>     <xsl:template match="text()" priority="-1"><xsl:value-of
> select="."/></xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>

> Any suggestions?

First, make XSP work. AFAIU, you never tried it. Also try strip-root
attribute for map:part element.

Vadim