Is it not possible to contribute efforts towards:
http://editxml.sourceforge.net/

or
http://media4.obspm.fr/jaxe/Jaxe_en.html

Everywhere you look, there seem to be a hundred projects
all more or less doing the same type of thing; sure,
diversity is needed, but for something so basic...?
Would we not be better off if the 'gurus' pooled ideas
and developed *the best* open-source XML/XHTML editor
available (or I am I still living in cloud-cuckoo land??)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 16/05/2002 11:12:23 >>>

I've been preparing one for some time with very good features but it
needs some work (which I constantly leave for the next month). I just
reserved a seat on sourceforge [1] but I don't expect source release
for
about a month since my final exams just got started plus I got tons of
other work to make a living. There's also a java port[3].
However, you can use HTMLTidy[2] as a server side converter (from HTML
to XHTML).

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/bb-xedit/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy/
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtidy/