From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 4:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MS Excel

Ahh...  Okay this makes sense.  I didn't read carefully enough about the

version of Cocoon.
I'd highly suggest using a recent nightly build of the serializer if
you're using gnumeric 1.0.3+ (the format changed).  A number of
enhancements have been added recently as well as preliminary work on
support for formulas.

You can leave out formatting/style information.  The default style
should be applied.  The serializer completely ignores printer
information.  If you grab a recent build of Cocoon there is
documentation on exactly what the serializer pays attention to and
ignores.

If you decide to use the released version you'll need to use an earlier
version of Gnumeric to match (pre 1.03 should work).

-Andy

Andrew Timberlake wrote:

>Typically, as I posted my last message I thought of how I could fix it.
>I changed the xmlns to xmlns:gmr="http://www.gnome.org/gnumeric/v7"; and
>added <gmr:Content></gmr:Content> around the content and it works.
>
>I do still have one question. I want to produce a fairly complicated
>spreadsheet through an XSL transformation, what information can be left
>out of the gmr namespace and what cannot.
>Can I just include cell information or do I need the style and print
>information as well?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Andrew
>
>On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 21:20, Andrew Timberlake wrote:
>

>>Andy
>>
>>I thought I'd add that the Excel samples all work!
>>
>>Andrew
>>
>>On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 21:09, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>>

>>>Can you supply the XML you're using?  have you tried turning
Logkit.conf