On 20.May.2002 -- 11:19 AM, neil wrote:
> The loop test cannot be:
> > } while(_esql_query.getMoreResults());
> because this would stop the loop whenever the next result is an update count
> (without processing this update count and any following results). Please
> read the javadoc carefully any try experimenting with a simple standalone
> test programme.

Neil, please look at the actual code. EsqlQuery.getMoreResults() does a lot
more than Statement.getMoreResults().

> Please also note from the JDK javadocs: "For maximum portability, a call's
> ResultSet objects and update counts should be processed prior to getting the
> values of output parameters."
> This was the wrong way around in esql 1.22.

Again, please look at the code. EsqlQuery.getMoreResults() retrieves the
update count and keeps it for later reference. Further calls to
EsqlQuery.getUpdateCount()
will return the buffered result.

> Its a nice idea to add an index attribute or some such to allow a different
> <esql:row-results> or <esql:no-results> for each returned result set. But
> there should still be a way to use the same <esql:row-results> or
> <esql:no-results> (maybe a default to use if the index isn't matched).

I settled for Torstens solution without @index. Both requirements (different /
same esql:results) are difficult to provide. Please suggest a syntax for that.

> Here's my patch to esql.xsl v1.22:
> - handles any number of result sets and update counts returned in any order
> - processes returned result sets and update counts prior to getting the
> values of output parameters
> but it doesn't add an index attribute to allow different <esql:row-results>
> or <esql:no-results> for each returned result set.

So, could you please check with the current code whether it does what it should?
Without bug reports I don't see a point in rolling it back or changing it.

> PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
> This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use

Does this indicated we would not be able to use your patch?

        Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]