> > > I settled for Torstens solution without @index. Both requirements
> > (different /
> > > same esql:results) are difficult to provide. Please suggest a syntax
for
> > that.
> > Some possibilities are to reuse the last one or to add a 'default'
attribute
> > or some such.
> > But I wouldn't bother unless there is some consensus that its a good
idea.

> I'm undecided on this one. I fear both solutions are difficult to work
> with. But as I hardly have the requirement to process several results,
> I have no strong opinion.

I'll try your changes out sometime soon, but for now I'm still using my
patch but with your switch
statements added. I've added a default case to the switch:

          <xsl:for-each select="esql:update-results">
              case <xsl:value-of select="position()"/>: <xsl:apply-templates
select="."/>
                break;
          </xsl:for-each>
              default: <xsl:apply-templates
select="esql:update-results[last()]"/>
                break;

This allows you to reuse the same <esql:update-results> if you want to.
Likewise for <esql:results> and <esql:no-results>.
Its not "difficult to work with" and I think its an option worth having even
though its not strictly necessary.

Cheers,
        Neil.