I am writing an action that will validate form
inputs, insert them to database and other customized
tasks. But I am not using both the form validator and
the database-add action. So my action is extending the
AbstractAction class, then there comes a problem: how
can I obtain the ComponentManager? So that to be able
to get DataSourceComponent...

I noticed that when I "implements" the Coposable
interface in order to make use of ComponentManager,
the sitemap fails compiling and says "could not set up
the Component". So I quit implementing Coposable, then
everything works fine again except for the database
part  still being nonfunctional.

Would somebody suggest a workaround, please?

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com