On 23.May.2002 -- 07:32 PM, Kenny Chow wrote:
> To Christian Haul,
>     Your suggestion was good and I wanted to do that
> but my understanding of both the form and dbAddAction
> have been somewhat poor... So I am "putting" all
> actions I wanna do together so that I can get used to
> the Cocoon API.

Have a look at the CVS version (HEAD or cocoon_2_0_3_branch). I have
put in some (hopefully good) documentation in it about both flavours
of database actions. Although the "modular" actions are
2.0.x-scratchpad stuff, I would recommend them over the original
ones. It would surprise me if they aren't able to do the job.

As for form validation, it is rather simple but limited. Best
documentation source is the javadoc for it. There is a new validation
package around XForms in 2.0.x-scratchpad and HEAD. I understand that
some extensive docs have just arrived in HEAD.

Anyway, if you ask some questions about any of these on this list, I'm
sure you will get answers.

        Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l