I've found something else that doesn't work the way I think it should... ;)

I thought this XML:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0";>
        <session:createcontext name="sessionTest" />
        <session:setxml context="sessionTest" path="/">
                <root>
                        <stem id="1">foo</stem>
                        <stem id="2">bar</stem>
                </root>
        </session:setxml>
        <session:mergexml context="sessionTest"
path="/root/stem[id='1']">fred</session:mergexml>
        <session:getxml context="sessionTest" path="/" />
</test>

would create this output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0";>
        <root>
                <stem id="1">fred</stem>
                <stem id="2">bar</stem>
        </root>
</test>

but instead it creates:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0";>
        <root>
                <stem id="1">foo</stem>
                <stem id="2">bar</stem>
                <stem>fred</stem>
        </root>
</test>

The same happens if I use setxml in place of mergexml.

I really like the idea of the session transformer and I am probably expecting too
much.  What are the current thoughts for the most Cocoon-ish way to handle the session
problem?

Kindest regards,
Bruce