From: "Geoff Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I've seen it mentioned, but don't know what is being done in the
> "refactoring".  Do you want to catch me up off list - maybe I could help.

I'll post it here, maybe others want to give a hand too.

Basically the fact is that the original webapp had a single monolithic
sitemap.xmap.
Over the time it has grown to be ... well.. a bit big ;-)

In the last release, we have started refactoring, and moving all samples
under a samples subsitemap that the main sitemap mounts.
Each sample group is another subsitemap under the samples one.

sitemap.xmap
   mounted /samples subsitemap
            mounted helloworld samples
            mounted i18n samples
            mounted flowmap samples
            mounted xmlform samples
            etc...
   mounted /mount subsitemap
            mounted scratchpad samples

In this way by removing the samples dir you don't have any example.
Since the specific sitemap components are declared in the sample sitemap
that uses them, the root one is clean.
And you can take the sample you wany and mount only that, if you need that
functionality.

The doc guys are looking into how to group the samples; we need helpers for
moving the samples under individual sitemaps.

To do it, download the latest CVS HEAD version; currently Konstantin is the
only one active on it, so ask on the dev list to get some coordination.

This is an opportunity to shape the Cocoon webapp, come and join!  :-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -