https://139.21.207.160:8443/elster/OTTest.html
> of my cocoon sitemap directly into the browser line and there were no
problems
> with the https configuration on my target server - the page was
correctly
> displayed. But as soon as I use this request in the cocoon framework,
the
> SSLHandshakeException occurs. So it actually seems that the reason for
this
> exception must have to do something with the cocoon client.

IIRC, Cocoon uses URLConnection to get http and https resources. But
this works only after some configuration is done in your JDK/JRE. Check
out java docs on this.

To test that everything is working ok, try simple JSP/XSP with code
like:
  new URL("https://www.verisign.com/";).openStream()....

(see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jsse/samples/urls/URLRe
ader.java)

If you encounter any exception, this means that something is wrong in
the JDK/JRE configuration, and Cocoon also wouldn't be able to process
this URL.

Vadim

> Sorry,
> Elmar