On Wednesday 05 June 2002 07:31 pm, you wrote:

I use PostgreSQL but use a Blob. There is a note somewhere in the
Momjian book to the effect that it is easy to get file perms problems.
Remember that the file will be read by the database engine with the
effective userid of the database engine not the id used by your Servlet
container to generate and submit the SQL statements.