This is a possible issue for us too.  We'll be doing all the standard things to make
the processing as efficient as possible, but some of our transforms will take 4-5
seconds (with Xalan) and it would be impractical to pre-transform all of the possible
combinations.

What would be nice would be a cache-warming transformer.  Something that could be part
of a pipeline that would kick off other pipelines, in another process or in the
background, to cache those outputs on the assumption the user is likely to be going
there next.  It would be nice if it could handle URIs and URIs with wildcards or sets
of possible values.

Thoughts?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/25/02 10:51AM >>>
First have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/performancetips.html

Then, look also at the run.sh|bat command line to run cocoon without web
interface.
That way, you can easily design cronjobs to get it running at scheduled
times over nights

Regards,

Denis