Bruce Krautbauer wrote:
> This is a possible issue for us too.  We'll be doing all the standard things to make
>the processing as efficient as possible, but some of our transforms will take 4-5
>seconds (with Xalan) and it would be impractical to pre-transform all of the possible
>combinations.
>
> What would be nice would be a cache-warming transformer.  Something that could be
>part of a pipeline that would kick off other pipelines, in another process or in the
>background, to cache those outputs on the assumption the user is likely to be going
>there next.  It would be nice if it could handle URIs and URIs with wildcards or sets
>of possible values.
>
> Thoughts?

The LinkStatusGenerator gets quite near: it traverses all links starting
from a URL.

This means that if you put the basic links to traverse in a page and
feed that to the transformer, it will crawl all the pages that these
links refer recursively.

In 2.0.3-CVS it's in the scratchpad, in 2.1-dev it's on the main
examples page.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -