Steven Noels wrote:

>> If you are using a win 32 operating system with ie6.0 installed please
>> download and trial Kangax from
>>
>> http://www.kangax.com/client/kangax/downloads/setup.exe
>

> For some reason or another, the download of the .msi didn't work out
> with the setup.exe provided, so I downloaded the .msi file directly from
>  http://kangax.dyanet.com/client/kangax/downloads/kangax.msi
>
> Executing this Microsoft Installation package, it goes off to search my
> *entire* harddisk for 'installed applications', apparently looking for
> the MS SOAP toolkit? That's 30 Gigs of slow laptop harddisk space being
> scanned ATM. I'll report back when it's done :-|
>
> </Steven>

OK, after half an hour of harddisk scanning installation finally
succeeded (I left the 'CD-Key' entry blank since I didn't know what to
fill in there) and I ended up with some 'Kangax' icon in my Start menu.
Starting Kangax, I'm presented with some kind of login screen. The
application itself seems to be build as a MS IE-only HTA app - not
exactly a problem for me, but there's plenty of Linux & Mac OSX users in
the Cocoon community.

A screenshot is attached for the curious amongst you.

Since I don't know what credentials to fill out in the login screen,
that basically concludes my evaluation of Kangax :-(

Sorry Dean, while your potential donation seems interesting (at least
I'm curious to find out what it's all about), you'll have to do some
extra packaging before I'll be convinced of its usefulness.

HTH,

</Steven>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]