Still being lame to cocoon that is why next questions come (among of which the
main is: how to do it ?)

0. I'd like to use cocoon as application server

1. The Pocket PC application needs to send some data to cocoon sever. This is
quite structured and complex data.

2. Using XHTTPRequest component from MSXML library I'm sending this data to
cocoon server.

3. Cocoon server processes the data and sends a XML response.

and now the details:
ad 1). Let's assume the request data is an order so if it was xml it might
look somewhat like (taken from cocoon://samples/Order)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
        <Orders>
        <OrderID>20259</OrderID>
        <CustomerID>WWWWWWW</CustomerID>
        <EmployeeID>6</EmployeeID>
        <OrderDate>2001-05-05 00:00:00</OrderDate>
        <ShipVia>1</ShipVia>
        <Freight>11.6100</Freight>
        <ShipName>Thoms White</ShipName>
        <ShipAddress>Somestr. 48</ShipAddress>
        <ShipCity>Munster</ShipCity>
        <ShipRegion>West</ShipRegion>
        <ShipPostalCode>00000</ShipPostalCode>
        <ShipCountry>Germany</ShipCountry>
        <OrderDetails>
                <OrderID>20259</OrderID>
                <ProductID>51</ProductID>
                <UnitPrice>42.4000</UnitPrice>
                <Quantity>40</Quantity>
                <Discount>0.0</Discount>
        </OrderDetails>
        <OrderDetails>
                        <OrderID>20259</OrderID>
                        <ProductID>14</ProductID>
                        <UnitPrice>18.6000</UnitPrice>
                        <Quantity>9</Quantity>
                        <Discount>0.0</Discount>
        </OrderDetails>
        <OrderDetails>
                        <OrderID>20259</OrderID>
                        <ProductID>7</ProductID>
                        <UnitPrice>12.4000</UnitPrice>
                        <Quantity>30</Quantity>
                        <Discount>0.0</Discount>
        </OrderDetails>
        <Customers>
                <CustomerID>WWWWWWW</CustomerID>
                <CompanyName>Thomas White</CompanyName>
                <ContactName>Karin Black</ContactName>
                <ContactTitle>Marketing Manager</ContactTitle>
                <Address>Somestr. 48</Address>
                <City>Munster</City>
        </Customers>
</Orders>

I am not able to use SOAP because Pocket PC platform does not have a good one
( .NET Compact Framework is still beta and PocketSOAP won't even run on
Emulator - I think they cannot be considered as a good basis for reliable
software).

The data does not have to be in that format. If not the question is : WHAT
FORMAT ?

ad 3)
Using cocoon functionality (actions I think) I have to be able to parse client
data, connect to database, validate data against database, do some database
insertions and finally send some response to client
now the questions:
1. IS IT POSSIBLE TO PARSE A REQUEST PARAMETER WITH XML PARSER?
2. HOW CAN I OBTAIN A CONNECTION FROM COCOON POOL ?
3. HOW CAN I SEND STRUCTURED XML RESPONSE USING COCOON ACTION?

In third question I mean I have to provide a client with a complex error
response if error occurs (for example there are only 5 units of product of id
14, so this cannot be only: order not taken  ). I'd like to do it simple and
scalable way ( it means no SAX handling if it's possible)

My time is running and I still have no idea how to manage it all. I've nearly
"mastered" providing pocket pc client with xml data provided by cocoon
querying databases and it works like a charm. The only thing i need now is to
provide cocoon with data it will be able to understand and process.

the last question is : WHAT IS STREAM GENERATOR FOR ? IT CAN XML'IZE A REQUEST
PARAMETER BUT HOW CAN I PROCESS THIS XML TREE?

I would do anything with the simplest example that solves my problem
        ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]          _\\()//_