Vadim

Maybe its just the limits of my own knowledge
showing up rather badly here - but it worries me that Cocoon
is (perhaps like its namesake!) so fragile.  On *my* test machine
I can control the environment to a large extent... but have
less say over the live machine(s) to which the sites will get
deployed.

Is there no way of tracking down what the root cause (file?) is
in a more specific way...?

I guess I will be reinstalling *everything* tonight....

Thanks
Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:

>Vadim
>
>Thanks - well, I do have a "freshly installed" Tomcat 4.0.4
>AND the lastest stable Cocoon binary - OK, I did not reinstall
>Java (this was not part of the install guide and I was not
>aware that it was a prerequisite for a C2 installation??) -
> *thats* why I found it strange that, after following the
>instructions it did NOT work.  (I did not, after all, have
>any such problems with TC 4.0.1 and C2.0.0...)
>
>Do I really have to reinstall Java?

You see, if all three components are not modified in any way, it does
work (under Win and Linux). This was tested before doing release. Only

exception was FreeBSD and/or OS X platforms (archives have more on
this).

May be you have something in jre/lib/ext, this could break some
things.

Vadim