Derek Hohls wrote:

>Vadim
>
>Maybe its just the limits of my own knowledge
>showing up rather badly here - but it worries me that Cocoon
>is (perhaps like its namesake!) so fragile.  On *my* test machine
>I can control the environment to a large extent... but have
>less say over the live machine(s) to which the sites will get
>deployed.

If you buy commercial solution, it always comes with Java bundled. Do
you want same for Cocoon? ;-)

>Is there no way of tracking down what the root cause (file?) is
>in a more specific way...?

Go to the source code of:

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<init>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:97)

I guess the problem is wrong (non-conforming) parser.

Vadim