From: "John Moylan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You probably need to preprocess your HTML with tidy before you introduce
> it to Cocoon.

Well, according to the sitemap in the cocoon dist (2.0.2), jtidy is involved in the
HTML generator.

Yes, preprocessing is a necessity. But I need it preprocessed live and direct in the
pipeline by Cocoon, as the bad HTML is generated by legacy scripts that no one dares
to touch, just wrap using Cocoon.

Either way: a HeavyDutyMrProperHtmlGenerator that fixes this using some heavy
tidy-stuff should be useful. I understand if the normal HTMLGenerator don't want to
waste cycles on handling "HTML" that never should have been written anyway, but if you
_know_ you have to deal with pages generated by FrontPage0.6 or perl scripts done by
interns in the summer of '96, I think the option should be available.

Does such a beast exist somewhere?

If not, I intend to write one, as the problem at our company needs to be solved about
this yesterday :-)

BTW: the example I provided is actually cleaner than much of the code I need Cocoon to
deal with.