From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> HTMLGenerator uses JTidy directly, without making assumptions itself.
> If you can use JTidy to work for you, it should work - or can be easily
> made to work - with HTMLGenerator too.

What do you mean? I can use JTidy on my system, whether Cocoon utilizes or not was my
question to you, dear community ;-)

Therefore I provided both the sitemap snippet as well as the test bhtml-document.

I use the binary distribution of Cocoon 2.0.2 (where documentation says that this
feature is enabled by default). And if it is not enabled by default, I haven't been
able to find out how to enable it.

Question restated: given my configuration and the bhtml document that fails, is it
safe to believe that HTMLGenerator utilizes JTidy and that JTidy fails, or is it safe
to believe that HTMLGenerator fails because it fails to utilize JTidy? And if the
latter is true, how could I tweak it so that JTidy will be utilized by HTMLGenerator?
If the first is true ("HTMLGenerator can't handle the bhtml-snippet no matter what") I
really need to investigate another solution, such as:

> Look here, maybe it's the right time to ditch tidy entirely
>
> http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/html/index.html

...sounds promising. I'll try to download and investigate. Hopefully I can provide a
CleaningHtmlGenerator soon, if it is needed.

> > BTW: the example I provided is actually cleaner than much of the code I need
>Cocoon to deal with.
> :-O

I could provide a list of testsnippets that the tidying thing should handle, fx:
---
<h1>Hello <p>How do you do
--- should become something like ---
<head>