AFAICS XSP is a bit similar to JSP in a way, so you will rather use Actions etc. They were introduced in C 2.0 to replace XSPs, when one wants ;-)

I personnally don't use and don't need XSP, but then I use a lot of transformers...

Babs
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 2:49 PM
Subject: Is it a good idea to avoid the use of xsp ?

Hi!

First, thanks for your very quick replies to my last question!

After quite some time discussing and evaluating we made a decision in favor of cocoon as presentation framework. One major argument for cocoon and against struts was that in jsp a strict seperation of logic (Java code) and presentation is not always encouraged. There was also fear that the same issues might apply to xsp and therefore the decision was made to use cocoon but to avoid the use of xsp.

I'm very new to cocoon and by now only have a very vague idea about xsp and issues that might arise using xsp. So what do you think ? Is it a bad idea to use cocoon but not use xsp ? Is it generally possible to compare jsp and xsp in that way? Or are these fears inappropiate?

thanks,

Gernot

--
DI Gernot Koller